Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

freemanoneday   19 June 2016

Advice needed on matrimonial issue

Dear Members

I got married in 2013 and we have 2 year old daughter. Due to work commitments aborad, me and my wife stayed together for only for few months . Now I got transfered to india and we both living together in india chennai since march 16. From the beginning of the marriage my wife,in-laws expectation is always money they always ask what did you give to your wife and my wife and MIL treats me very badly. Their expectation is to give salary to her and she should have control of my finances.After 6 months they talk about divorce but my parents convinced not o go for seperation. They always use divorce as a trump card to threaten me and treat me badly. Recently I had a argument with my wife and she said leave me and I had enough of it already so asked to leave if you want. But she didn't leave since she was not expected i will say this. since she just want to use to blankmail. we are living in same house in different room no talking sine 1 month and my daughter taken by MIL. Wife sister engagement is in progress so they are waiting for the function to get over to proceed with divorce or whatever in their mind. But definetly she donesnt want to continue the marriage since she already said many times.

I am working as IT professional and she is working as doctor and each of us earning 1L per month.BUt I am the one who pay the rent she doesn't contribute anything to household expenses. She cooks her own food and i eat outside. I am thinking of moving away from the house and stay near to my office, but not sure what will be the implications. So I request advice what should I do?

I had enough in this 3 year and since my elder brother also re-married after divorce my parents think if i go for divorce will give bad name to our family. But everyday I am living my life like hell with abusive wife /MIL and she is not talking anymore as she is waiting for her family function to get over. So living together is not an option and even she doesn't want but i heard from mutual friend they are looking for money to settle things.

I am not sure will they just ask money or will file false cases but they started to bad mouth about me saying i am not taking care of the wife.  she is earning well so will not get maintanence so will pressure me wby filling false cases. I have her Salary slips as proof.

I have 1 home bought before marriage and few lakhs of savings/mutual fund/share in my bank account. I am happy to contribute monthly or brought up my daughter but she will not leave the daughter to me.

I am thinking of vacating the house and ask her to find some other place or she can continue living in the house with new rental agreement. I am worried if in future court or someone will ask why did you desert your wife. I am in a difficult situation and don't want to take decision in a hurry

Please advice what should I do?  How should i prepare myself to protect my money/propoerty from her.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 June 2016

Repeated Query;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=138659&offset=1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register