LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Advice needed

Planning to make a trip to India after 7 years. Staying in UK from past 10 years. I have a house in India. I have given this house to my parents to stay there.

My parents with my brother wants to grab my house( which I purchased while working in Hyd). Since I am an NRI, they want everything whatever I have in India. Weird mentality.

They are upto all kind of ploys. My parents are drama kind of people. 3 years back, they said that they want around 40L from me. They want to buy a house for my brother. I have done a lot. I also have my family to take care, I said NOT POSSIBLE. 40L is NO ordinary money, I have already given 30L as gift + multiple trips to UK to my parents.  

Close to 2 years back, my parent just abandoned my house without informing me. I came to know about this couple of months later. From past 20 months, I am pursuing my parents to come back to my house so that they can have better life style. They are current staying in my brother's house ( which is relatively small).

Agency for seniors is aware of this situation, ( I apprised them my situation few months later). My parents say that they are NOT interested in staying in my house. My house is deserted from past 2 years. I record the phone conversations. Also I have made my parents and my brother aware that I record telephone conversations since their behaviour is turning spookier day-by-day.

I am not planning to visit my deserted house. Even visiting that city (where my house is) is doubtful. May stay in wife's relatives place or hotel.

Quick question - If I were to make a trip to India, some how, by fluke, if my parents come to know that I am in India. What kind of harm they can do to me? Or what precautions I would need to take if I were to make trip to India.

Agency for seniors is aware of my situation. I am having constant email communication with them for more than 1.5yrs. 

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

weired and confused question -

1. a grown up man feared of his own parents
2. not clear who to do with his own property..not even want to visit it..and even when no one wants to grab it
3. want to maintain secrecy even to vist your own homeland..
4. and finally, posting in the wrong forum..

(Guest)

Yep, my situation is bit weird. Just like few of us have weird spouses (and parents-in-law), similarly I have weird parents.

Yep, I feel ashamed that I have to maintain secrecy even to visit my own homeland. The issue is I am a grown up man. Not a woman or minor or senior person ( if I was one of these, law would be leniant and protective to me and I would have felt safer). Since I am grown up man in 30s, just like wives can put false DV, 498a destroying our lifes, in the same way, even elderly people use similar weapons.

(Guest)

understood..every has got a diff situation.
the point is ...be clear on what you want.if you decide to take a legal route...make sure not to mix it with sentiments and your personal fears of what others will do or think..
no lawyer will be able to assit you if you have second thoughts within youself on what needs to be done.

(Guest)

Thanks for understanding.

Let me try making my query clearer.

(a) In my last trip to India (7 years back), my parents tried creating an argument, blaming my wife is ill-treating them etc (while we were in India for just 15 days). We immediately figured out that they are cooking up stories. We just ignored the incident since my parents are well known for this behavior.

(b) We came back to UK. My parents started making false claim that we fought with them while in India and mom was physically assaulted. We didn't take it seriously. We thought it to be a joke.

(c) Later on, while paying land line bill, I started noticing new phone calls being made from my house land line. Few of the outgoing calls were for Human rights. When I checked with them why these phone call(s), they claim they have no idea and they are not interested in talking about it.

This is 7 years old story. Seems they are planning to put a DV over me for money extortion. The reason for not visiting my own house is not to have any surprises.

Here is my question. May be silly as well weird! Pardon me. "Say my parents somehow come to know that I am in India and in a specific place (hotel or relatives place) where I may stay. Would it be possible for them to file some kind of bogus FIR against me stating they got hurt while trying to contact me in person". How easy is it to create bogus FIR by them? What would be the best way to avoid this kind of situation? And what would be the best way to handle if we run into this kind of situation.

(Guest)

you should be good..since there is a lapse of 7 yrs..no complained will be entertained after this many years unless there is anything already pending for the last 7 yrs..that you can cross wtih your local Police station..i doubt there may be any..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register