Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammed (Adminstrator)     04 May 2011

advice

Dear Lawyer

1.1   I am a Muslim and I fall in Andhra Pradesh jurisdiction, my father has inherited & acquired property. I am the only son to my parents and I have a step brother (father side), my father has transferred his inherited property in my name under sound health condition and with our family’s collective decision (mom & sisters), and regarding the acquired property it is under my mother’s name which my father have gifted her some 20 years back in the form of Alimony (MAHER).

1.2   All my hard earned money, fixed deposits are saved in my father account is it possible that my step -

brother is entitled for a share too?

Ø        Can you please suggest me will my step- brother can sue me and my father or any one of us for a share in inherited property and the same for my mother for acquired property? If so what will be the outcome.

2.1   My father and his eldest brother have shared the inherited property in mutual trust verbally without any legal or written document. My father’s brother sold all his property under his name.

2.2   My father inherited property is still in his name, and it is under the process of transferring of ownership to my name, now my father’s elder brother is threatening to file a case on us for a share. As  the property is registered and is under the process of transferring the ownership can my father brother can file a case on me and my father for a share and what will be the outcome.

Ø         Please let me know which code of law will be enactable for the above queries Muslim personal law or general property law?

Ø        And also suggest me with the best solution to overcome the situations.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register