Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

monty   11 February 2015

Acquittal in ipc 376

Hello respected lawyers, 

I am seeking help regarding acquittal of one of my friend in ipc 376. My friend got involved into friendship with a married lady elder than him by 4 yrs. They got physical after few meetings. When he was about to get married with another girl that lady filed rape case stating that he had promised that he will marry her and kept physical relation on that basis. 

Eventually my friend got acquitted from the charges. Court stated that it was a live in relationship and as her marriage is subsisting no question of promise of marriage arises. 

She had appealed in high court for challenging the judgement. Her appeal is dismissed by honorable high court.

Now what are the possibilities of appeal or filing any petition regarding this case by her side?

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     12 February 2015

Dear, Last is Supreme Court ....

monty   12 February 2015

Thanks for reply kapil sir, A petition is filed in high court by her side. I don't know exactly the contents of petition. What may be the purpose of petition? Whether high court's permission is required to appeal in supereme court?

monty   12 February 2015

Thanks for reply kapil sir, A petition is filed in high court by her side. I don't know exactly the contents of petition. What may be the purpose of petition? Whether high court's permission is required to appeal in supereme court?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register