Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ROHIT (CORPORAL)     30 December 2010

about divorce

sir

my wife wants divorce from me  without any reason . but when i tried to find out the cause it comes to me as her parents forced her to leave me and marry with the boy of their caste as they never liked our marriage because we had an inter caste marriage . But i dont want to give her divorce because i know that she has been forced to do so . we got married 3 years ago and we never had any querrel and i never stop her to do anything my neighbours always telling that i am caring her very well  so i don't think that they have any point for divorce but i m afriad that they can blame on me for forcing for divorce . just tell me one thing that is it enough to tell only that i have been tortured for dowry or their relatives statement in favour of this is enough to prove that i m torturing her . if it so then it is so much easy for any girl to kick off any one and marry other for better option . just advice me sir . 

Learning

2 Replies

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     30 December 2010

Dear Rohit

Its always easy for the family of a lady to blame a man for torturing his wife. But when the matter comes to court, its equally difficult to prove. Court doesn't act promptly to pass a decree of divorce. Sufficient cause beyond reasonable doubts are to be established to get an order of divorce. So continue to maintain good relation with your wife and try to convince her your importance in her life. You shouldn't  move to the court first. If she files a petition for divorce, its better you file in the same court a petition for restitution of conjugal right. Remember its also wife's obligation to maintain conjugal relation with husband and in absance of any valid reason she cannot left you.

wish u good luck

(Guest)

get your wife with mediation and concilation  forum which are working in courts with help of women organizations.  This may help to better solve your problem.  any how the lady's relationships can influence your wife to lodge a false complaint. better make enough evidences of your peaceful life.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register