LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Salvi   26 August 2023

Aadhar mandatory for epfo composite death claim

My father expired three months ago while being on service. My mother doesn't have Aadhar card but Election card as identify proof. As I checked currently new Aadhar card are not getting issued for anyone above 18 years. Is there any way to claim PF, pension and EDLi (insurance) without Aadhar card?

Learning

3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     26 August 2023

There are other identity proof(s) acceptable to the department, such as Election I/D, DL, Passport, etc. which may be confirmed from concerned officials.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 August 2023

did you contact EPFO office.

corporate genie   08 September 2023

I'm sorry to hear about your father's passing. To claim PF, pension, and EDLI benefits, an Aadhar card is not always mandatory. Your mother can use her Election card as an identity proof along with other required documents, such as the death certificate, bank account details, and the PF withdrawal form, to process the claims. However, it's advisable to consult with experts like Corporate Genie for Employee Provident Fund registration in Gurgaon. They can provide guidance specific to your situation, ensuring a smooth and compliant claims process even without an Aadhar card.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register