Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi S   18 March 2018

Wrong name entered in property will.

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am M.Ravishankar I am living in visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh). About the query is my grandmother had one house (residential property) and she wrote will for that property belongs to me after her death. Recently she expired but she wrote my name in will as M.Satyanarayana (Nike name which is used my grandmother to call me) but all my certificates, proofs are entered name as M.Ravishakar. Now i decided to Gift deed that property to my mother but the sub- register is not agreeing. Please explain what to do sir. Thanks in advance.
Yours Faithfully,
M.RaviShankar.

Learning

9 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     18 March 2018

Pl. tell who are all your grandmother's legal heirs?

Ravi S   18 March 2018

My grandmother has 5 sons and 3 daughters out of this 3 sons and 1 daughter are expired. There is no legal heir certificate of my grandmother.

Whether those two sons and 1 daughter would be supporting the will given by your grandmother in your favour?

Whether the 3 sons and 1 daughter who have expired have sons/daughters? And if so, whether they will supporrt the Will in your favour?

Whether the will made by your grandmother, makes a mention about the name of your father and mother?

Ravi S   18 March 2018

There is always disputes between our family members so they will not support the Will in my favour.

My father is one of the expired son of my grandmother. And my grandmother wrote in the Will like this
AFTER MY DEATH THIS PROPERTY BELONGS TO MY GRANDSON M.SATYANARAYANA (who is son of my fifth son Late M. Eswararao).

Yes sir my grandmother mentioned my father name in the will.

Ravi S   18 March 2018

There is always disputes between our family members so they will not support the Will in my favour.

My father is one of the expired son of my grandmother. And my grandmother wrote in the Will like this
AFTER MY DEATH THIS PROPERTY BELONGS TO MY GRANDSON M.SATYANARAYANA (who is son of my fifth son Late M. Eswararao).

Yes sir my grandmother mentioned my father name in the will.

Whether your father has any other son?

Ravi S   18 March 2018

No sir only me.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     19 March 2018

If you are the only son to your father, and when your father's name has been clearly mentioned in the WILL, you should be in a position to get the WILL probated in your favour without any difficulty.  Ofcourse, you have to defend the WILL if other legal heirs of your grandmother oppose the WILL.  That is a different matter based on their doubts about the WILL etc., and will not be releated to your pet name/real name.

Ravi S   19 March 2018

Sir now please advice what to do

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register