Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Santosh Jalukar   13 July 2016

Wrong mobile no. entered by the bank

Net-Banking Fraud -

In the Net banking application form, I mentioned my Mobile No. and the bank entered incorrect number in the system. Some unknown person probably hacked the a/c and an OTP was generated for particular transaction. The OTP was sent to the wrong mobile and was retrived by the user by calling that mobile and asking to sms the same to his No. That's how he managed to complete the transaction. 

After studying deep in this case, I asked the bank to show me the "Net Banking Application" and realized that the bank has entered incorrect mobile No. 

Tha bank has also sent me an email mentioning "We have now changed the mobile No. in our system with effect from xyz date after which I satrted getting regular SMS about my transactions.

This clearly denotes that the bank has accepted own mistake but still refusing to give me the compensation.

Learning

2 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     13 July 2016

let us say your mobile number is x and bank entered y. a certain person abc hacked your account. first question is how was your password compromised? second question if he knows your personal information, he will know your real mobile number x and not wrongly entered mobile number y. how on the earth can he guess a randomly entered wrong mobile number? if at all your story is correct, there is only one way this can happen: someone who has access to wrongly entered mobile number. engage an able counsel. i think it may be a police case.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 July 2016

If you have sufferred loss due to deficiency of bank, bank is liable.

Approach a very able counsel specializing in consumer matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register