Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mythili (none)     18 March 2016

Will probate and sharing the property

Dear Honorable Advocates out there,

We are facing with a complicated situation in inheriting a property by way of a will. Can you please throw some light on this? I have attached a hierarchy file for easy understanding.

My mother is one of the four children of my grandmother. My grandmother is the only child of my great grandmother.I the daughter of younger daughter.

A - Great grandmother – (not alive); B - Grandmother (daughter of A); C - Grandfather (husband of B not alive); D - Elder Son; E - Younger son; F - Wife of younger son; G - Elder daughter; H - Younger daughter

A (great grandmother) wrote a will who is the sole owner of the property as follows. She is no more now.

After the death of A, B&C to have life interest of the property and after their life time D & F to become the ultimate owners of the property;

The will is registered; property is within the Chennai city limits; the will is not probated yet. After prolong talks D and F had agreed to share the property with G and H (daughters). What are the ways to do that or property documented? We want it to be done when B alive. After her death we are not sure if we will get our share. Please suggest.

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     18 March 2016

Anything can be done only after b death and not now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register