Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamal Kamal (Mr)     21 March 2017

Will on my name, how to freehold

Hello, 

I have a residential property which is on my mother's name. She dies some years ago. She made a WILL of the property on my name. We are 3 brothers and 3 sisters. The residential property come under NLDO. Now if i want to sale the property, what is the legal process for the same. 

What i came to know is that First i need to TRANFER Property/ Mutation on my name and then FREE-HOLD it. 

Please guide if this is the correct process or something else need to be done. And Which is the cheapest meathod to do the same. 

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 March 2017

Obtain requisite forms/procedure from O/o Authortiy under whose juridiction property falls.

Generically speaking: Certified copy of the valid WILL, death certificate,legal heir certificate, NOC from other legal heirs, newspaper advertisement etc are requirements. 

The authrotiy under whose jurisdiction property falls must have kept detailed procedure for testate succession on its website also.

If WILL is not contetsed the authortiy may transfer in the name of beneficiary.

If the WILL is contested it may land up in probate Court of pecuniary jurisdiction.

It is mandatory to probate the WILL at presidential towns. 

If you/property are at such location, Probate the WILL. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 March 2017

Right To Appoint Legatee: The testator is having absolute right to appoint any person as a legatee or beneficiary of a Will and legatee should execute the Will carefully and in accordance with the law.

Kamal Kamal (Mr)     24 March 2017

Thanks for the replies, Can anyone please guide the process to be followed in NLDO. 

1. How to transfer it ot my name. 

2. How to Get it FREE- Hold (minimum expenses)

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 March 2017

Obtain requisite forms/procedure from O/o Authortiy under whose juridiction property falls i.e. NLDO.

Generically speaking:, death certificate,legal heir certificate, are required.  The authority under whose jurisdiction property falls must have kept detailed procedure for testate succession on its website also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register