LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit   06 June 2017

Wife transfer on husband's job ground

Hi, I am working in Delhi metro and my wife is working in PNB bank. My was posted as SWO and she got promoted as officer scale-1 in June 2016. She got married to me on April 2016. She applied for transfer on spouse job ground on july 2016, as there is one time transfer request policy is available in bank, but the management reject her application and said that you have to complete at least 1 year 6 month service at the same post than your application can be consider. They said you becomes married before your permotion, why you have not submit your request for transfer when you was SWO. Please guide me

Learning

8 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 June 2017

Delhi Metro is operative in Delhi only and do not have any branch/subsidiary outside Delhi as you are fully aware. Besides this it is a State undertaking which has its own rules and can transfer its employees within-city on some special grounds, which is not your case.

However, which State, City the PNB branch is located where your wife is working? She may apply to her Bank, if possible the Bank may consider her case (on merit).

However, marriage with you in Delhi is not a convincing/ compensate ground for her transfer.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2017

Basically no legal angle is attracted.  Such trnasfer is not a legally enforceable right.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 June 2017

Download the rules and policy on trasnfer of female employees.You can ascertain by reading if reply of bosses is correct or not.

Request and pursue the matter.

Remain amiable and gentle.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2017

transfer near to place of transfer of spouce is only a concession and adjustment fi deptt of any one of them agrees.  It is not at all a legally  enforeable right.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 June 2017

By remaining amiable and gentle and applying rapport, goodwill employee can succeed in majority of the cases.

Pursue the rules also, that can be accessed thru employee log in.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 June 2017

Do you see any variance in reply by management and trasnfer policy!

Amit   19 June 2017

Yes, they replied that my wife have joined to their circle on 30.06.2016 on promotion from CO: Moradabad. whereas date of our marriage was 16..04.2016 i.e. before joining to them. in terms of PAD cir. 238/14 dated 21.10.2014, she is not eligible for transfer on marriage ground.

i have paste the circular here, please suggest me what can i do.

PAD CIRCULAR NO. 238/2014

POLICY ON CONSIDERATION OF TRANSFER REQUEST OF EMPLOYEES / OFFICERS ON COMPASSIONATE GROUNDS

As per the instant policy for transfer on compassionate grounds the female employees/officers can seek transfer on request before completion of their normal tenure at their respective places on grounds of marriage only if the spouse is working in PNB. We had been receiving requests from employees/officers for transfer on grounds of marriage although their spouses were working outside PNB. Taking a compassionate view in the matter it has been decided as under:

REASONS   Marriage of female staff (where husband is working outside PNB)

RELATIONSHIP COVERED   Self

OTHER REQUIREMENT Transfer of female staff to place of choice at the time of her marriage may be considered even before completion of 3 years subject to availability of vacancy. This relaxation will be available only once in entire service.

a) The Competent Authority to consider requests of employees/officers upto Scale III under the above category will be FGM for inter-Circle transfers within the same FGM jurisdiction. However, requests of all employees /officers upto Scale III seeking transfer to inter-FGM jurisdiction areas, shall be referred to Head Office.

b) The Competent Authority to consider the requests made by employees/Officers for transfers outside the FGM span under the above category at Head Office will be a Committee consisting of all Executive Directors which will decide on each case keeping in view the facts placed before it by HO: HRDD and HO: PA

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

Does the publication pasted by you places any bar as posted by you!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register