Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manas (personal)     11 April 2014

Wife filed divorce under sec. 13 ia

Dear Experts,

My wife filed divorce case under sec. 13 1 ia only in family court. I have received summons for granting for divorce  on 25.04.2014.
As of now i don't have any other cases filed by her. In the current case also she did not mention for Maintainence. But we have 9 years old daughter with her. I am also interested to get divorce and don't want to fight on this.

Q) Do i need to attend to court or need not? So that i will become exparty.
   If i do that any complications will occur? Please let me know your valuable advices.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 April 2014

It is better to attend, settle the case amicably and file mutual consent divorce petition

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     12 April 2014

Dear Manas,

Please attend the hearing, refer the matter for mediation process, get it settled on the mutual terms.

Please contact me for further clarifications if any.Good luck

srishaila,advocate,bangalore,9741425514,sdharni120@gmail.com

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2014

As suggested by others it is always better to attend the court, find out what allegations she has thrown against you in her divorce petition, arrange for a mediation and agree for divorce on mutual terms without the allegations. This will always be better for future too.

Harsh (abc)     25 May 2014

HI Manas, My wife also filed divorce case against me and I have first hearing on 6.jun.14. if you could possible share your contact details or guide me ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register