Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alwayscurious   16 January 2016

Widow w/o job eligible for pension after mother's death ?

Hello Everybody,

My Mausaji expired after retiring as a Police Inspector and my Maasi (75 years old) gets his pension. My Maasi's daughter (50 years old) lost her husband yesterday. She lost her young son last year. She has a daughter who is not married and not working and lives with her. My maasi's daughter who is now a widow is not educated beyong grade 10th and not mentally very elert due to depression from Son's demise. She cant work. Can she get some part of the pension after her Mother's (ie my Massi's) death ? She has no source of income. They reside in West Bengal.

If yes, what all formalities needs to be done ?

Thank you in advance !

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 January 2016

Please file application to the Public Authority that is at present disbursing pension to your massi under RTI Act and seek information as follows:

Information solicited:

1)Please provide the copy of laid down norms/rules and regulations for paying pension after the death of pensionr's spouse death, stating the conditions of eligibility of other dependant's in the family.

2)Please inform the procedure to be adopted for paying pensions after the death of pensioner's spouse to other eligible dependants as per norms.

Search RTI Rules and regulations applicable to that Authority in their website for format of application  and RTI fees.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     16 January 2016

1) U hv to chk the Pension rules by which the deceased employee was governed at the time of his retirement.

2 )  If the pensioner dies after retirement, the family pension is payable to the widow / widower upto the date of his / her death or remarriage which ever is earlier. In respect of son and unmarried daughter upto the age of 25 years or until the daughter gets married which ever is earlier.

3 ) If the son / daughter of the pensioner is suffering from any disorder or disability of mind or is physically crippled or disabled, and unable to earn livelihood, a family pension shall be paid to him or her for life after exhausting the priority like widow or widower or son first, second or unmarried daughter until the last person attains the age of 25 years.

4) Such family pension shall be paid through the guardian as if he or she was a minor  or mentally retarded son or daughter. To support such a claim, a certificate to the effect of the disability from a civil surgeon has to be produced to the sanctioning authority every 3 years. Necessary certificate on the disability or unmarried status has to be furnished by the guardian every month to the treasury or bank.

5) In this case however the daughter may not be covered under the above stated provision,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register