Who can withdraw/close 156(3) fir?

1) Can wife withdraw or close 156(3) fir of 498a via court?

2) Can the the FIR close by IO's report in CS,B reoport or final report?

3) Any other way ?

Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com)

1) Once FIR is registered - it has to be quashed via the High Court u/s 482 of the CrPC. 

2) The Police officers can present a B-Report/Closure or Fina lReport as it is called. 


Bharat Chugh

Advocate Supreme Court of India


Thanks Bharat chugh,

By your statements it seems that IO can close the FIR.

Is there no other way instead of 482? What is in the hand of trial court?

What is the role of chargesheet in all this 498a stuff?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu