Which act is Applicable for Public Charitable Trust in Gujarat

Executive MBA (Criminology) MBA (Finance) Doctorate (Management)

Hello

I am setting up Trust in GUJARAT State base in Surat and ahmedabad, primary location will be SURAT.

I am not sure which specific ACT is applicable for the purpose of registration of this trust?

This is Public charitable trust with number of non profit objective. We have sign Trust DEED.

Now i have heard some new or basic amendments have been done in MPT ACT to make it more look like a Gujarat PT Act? 

How If I consider Indian Trust Act 1882? for finance and other matter is there any other law that i might need to consider?

I am setting up Trust for the first time and not familar with trust law procedure for gujarat so your inputs would be much appreciated.

If I am ready with trust deed but have not submit for registration as i am not well informed that where could i sent it for the registration?

and I do not have bank account for the name of Trust, then in case if i have someone ready to give me donation how would i accept?

For the ta relief to donor, what other law, act or procedure i shall follow?

Thanks

P.S. here is a link of the TRUST - www.jivanamasteya.org

advocate

So as you say you are going to create"Public charitable trust with number of non profit objective. "

It would be interesting to know that registration is not must unless it involves endowment of some immovable proprty.BUT IT IS ALWAYS DESIRABLE TO GET IT REGISTERED.

THERE ARE SEVERAL LAWS RELATING TO TRUST,such as,1)INDIAN TRUST ACT1882,2)INDIAN RELIGIOUS ENDOWMENT ACT1863 ,3)THECHARITABLE AND RELIGIOUS ACT1920.Besides these ,other laws one should take care of,are TRANSFER OF PROPERTY ACT11882,(Ss5to24),INDIAN REGISTRATION ACT1908(Ss17,18,&47to50)INCOME TAX ACT1961.

The following type of registration may be attracted,depending upon case to case and need basis:Registration under REGISTRATION ACT, REGISTRATION UNDER PUBLIC TRUST ACT,Registration under societies Registration Act,Registration under Indian comapanies Act,Registration underthe Foreign contribution Regulation Act.And to have certain benifits provided by the Income Tax,all trust should get registered undr Income Tax Act too.

i hope it will serve your purpose.As you say you are new, i advise you to buy a practical hand book relating to trust law which would be available to you on any law books shop.

HI THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION HOWEVER I AM LOOKING FOR RELATIVE INFORMATION MEANS,

If i register this trust which is public (included religious by default) then where shall i send trust deed for registration?

there may be number of law but which one is MUST for gujarat? i have book but it again left me with questions to what registration i shall go as there is no provision for the speicifc one.

if i wish to take donation i must register as i can not open an bank account until i have a trust registered.

can you helm me there?

karnav 

in Gujrat Bombay Public  Trust Act 1952 is applicable to Public Cherity Trust Act. You have to apply for registration of Trust to Assistant Cherity Commissioner Surat region, Its address is Office of the assistant Cherity Commissioner Athugar Moholla, Nr. Central Bank of Indoa Regional Office Nanpura surat. 

Vinodkumar N. Tailor M.Com. LLB.

Dr. Karnav Shah,

You just contact Assi. Cherity Commissioner Office and collect one Registration form. go through this application form . and ready some document which is to be submited with aoolication . There is some fees you have to paid . application along with document submited to Ass. Cherity Com. office.

Vinodkumar N. Tailor

M. Co, LLB.

POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE

Yes mr Tailor has advised properly , no of acts and laws suggested by all others are not applicable to you. Just get an advocate dealing with trust matters who will prepare all documents and submit to charity commissioner of your area if you want public trust.

For private trust simple document with registration with Asst registrar is sufficient.

ACC is delaying trust registration with no reason and to extent lack of GK. We tried our best and even RTI is not responded properly so as a part of remedy we are now  referring issue to Gujarat Vigilance Commission, Do you think of any other better IDEA?

job working as General /manager H R

Dear Sir

We are going to register our Trust in Gujarat at Rajkot  to construct temple and making family trust  in this regards can you please guide us which type of registration will be better whether A ? E ? or F?

Please guide

Regards

Thanking You

Hiteshkumar Joshi

Hello

The BPT Act that is Bombay Public charitable Trust Act Applies in this regard. The process is very easy and simple.

If something is tricky then Assi. Cherity Commissioner or a personal who is responsible for the disposable of your application.

With some strict step, we have been able to get our registration. I guess you shall not face any issue as long as you remain dynamic. Just make it sure, you get all the records of your transaction with trust office and be clear with the time line they take to process your application.

RTI is most imp tool you shall be ease with. They may tell you that it takes a long time to process your file since many are already pending then, you must understand that, it is their headache and you have constitutional right to set up a trust and Assi. Cherity Commissioner does not have such power to cancel as long as your trust is legal.

you may call +91 91734 38299 in case if you require any assistance. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu