Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthavarani (Teacher)     01 April 2012

Whether eligible to claim for grandfather's property?

My family properties were divided by my father ( self acquired) in to five parts and given away two parts to his two sons by first wife. The daughter through first wife was died before this partition. The family partition was done through a registered deed in 1968. Due to family constraints, he remained till his death along with his part with his second wife and her two minor sons and a daughter as a guardian. He was died in 1970. He has given first charge sheet to my mother(second wife) on his 1/3 undivided part of combined properties in the same partition deed for her maintenance. She was died in 1981. Two sons of first wife were also died. One of the grandson of first wife (predeceased son) is now demanding for his share in the undivided part of grandfather after a period of 21 years. Is he eligible for it? Please let me know whether the property given to my mother for her maintenance will be passed on to her children only or it need to be diveded again among the four brothers(includes first wife and second wife children). Please clarify me on how the 1/3 undivided share of my father should be shared among the children?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register