LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Poor_guy (Helper)     21 March 2017

Where to sign on a vakalatnama

Hello, am attaching herewith a vakalatnama document. Can someone advise, where do I (the petitioner) needs to sign ?

Learning

6 Replies

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     21 March 2017

That's a weird format for a Vakalatnama! In any case, if you are signing a Vakalatnama, shouldn't your Vakeel be telling you where to sign it? Duh!

stanley (Freedom)     21 March 2017

@ Poor Guy .

Nice Id Poor Guy . But your advocate is going to fleece you for Money to fight your case . you have to sign in the witness space . But why is your advocate who gave you the vakalat not advising you on where  you have to sign .devil if this is the case now  than how is he going to fight your case .cheeky

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     21 March 2017

Originally posted by : stanley
@ Poor Guy .

Nice Id Poor Guy . But your advocate is going to fleece you for Money to fight your case . you have to sign in the witness space . But why is your advocate who gave you the vakalat not advising you on where  you have to sign . if this is the case now  than how is he going to fight your case .

Oyeee Stanley, why would he sign at the place meant for a Witness! He is the Party, not a Witness (or at least, not merely a Witness). Either there should be a marked space for Party or right it down by hand as Plaintiff/Petitioner/Defendant/Respondent,as the case may be, and sign there. Though I'm surprised to see a Vakalatnama which bears a Witness too indecision

1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     21 March 2017

I agree with @ Atul there should be a marked space for party or the same has to be written by hand petitioner /Respondent .

(Guest)

At the bottom.  Wahan likkha hoga dekho. Your advocate should be able to point where to sign.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register