LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yash (owner)     01 October 2014

Where i can lodge compliant for forgery can be lodged

I have purchased joint property with one of my partner and also taken joint loan . I am co applicant in the loan at gurgoan . i have dispute with my partner and I am residing at  Mumbai. my partner have fordged my signature on the loan disbursal form and paid the EMI of the bank without my consent. when i came to know about this sent mail to bank official  and they send me document at mumbai in the branch of the bank after going throgh Icame to know that my signature is fordge. KIdnly suggest me where I can lodge Police compliant . whether I can lodge police compliant in Mumbai or not if yes is any judgement and or section under which I can lodge or I have to lodge compliant in gurgoan. kindly advice.  

Learning

3 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     01 October 2014

See Section 463 to S. 468 of IPC. Forgery is a non-cognizable offence. Police will not make an FIR, at most give you entry from their Non Cognizable register.

Also send mail to the bank with facts and your claims now, followed by Registered post AD as well as copy under acknwoledgment from the Mumbai  branch who provided you the details. . Remember that being coapplicant you are liable along with the other.  Bank should stop furthers disbursals immediately.

Re jurisdiction you applied at Gurgaon. So most probably it will be Gurgaon, more so if the property is at Gurgaon. Take advise of a lawyer accordingly.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Alinawaz (_)     03 October 2014

Pls refer section 177 to 182 of criminal procedure code it will advise u for lodging the complaint. Prima facie it looks that gurgaon will be the place of filing complaint.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 October 2014

Be clear.

"am co applicant in the loan at gurgoan"

it means you are aware you signed application

"my partner have forged my signature on the loan disbursal form and paid the EMI of the bank without my consent"

it means you never applied for loan and yet purchased property by this loan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More