What to do on counter fir?

Respected members,

I am Rahul. Recently one of my neighbours had physically assaulted my mother and hurled abusive languages and gave life-threats. we filed FIR for which he got arrested and released on bail.We have the injury report.  My Question is-

1) Can he file a counterblast FIR and get us arrested? What can we do to save ourselves from this counterblast? cant we convince the police of his "revenge" agenda and escape arrest?

2) He is asking for a compromise so that the police case gets diluted and subsequently withdrawn. We are also fearing that he might take a revenge if we dont compromise. Please suggest me what should be our stand? also tell me what could we do if he in future threats or assaults us ?

3) Another thing I forgot to add is I am only the witness of my mother as other members of the apartment are frightened by him and not willing to be witnesses . But we have the injury report that says theinjury was due to assault.

Will my case be diluted due to only one witness and an injury report or the weight of the injury report is sufficient to establish that he had indeed assaulted my mother?



Do u have any apprehensions that he will file a counter FIR against you?? Does he have some material oon you which you are not disclosing?

In case you are under threat from this individual, file an additional complaint to the concerned Magistrate stating the same and ask for police protection.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu