Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tirthi   07 February 2017

What is the process in law for a financial fraud case settlement?

In my case the accused have accepted that they did money fraud with me. Now they want to settle the case and return my money. please let me know what is the process in LAW to do this settlement thing.

Learning

5 Replies

bala7164 (IPR Attorney Patent Agent & Advocate)     07 February 2017

You have not mentioned the section of IPC under which the accused are charged. Under Sec. 420 of IPC, the offence is compoundable one and the accused can pay you back the money and settle the case. You can file a petition under return of property under Section 451 of Cr PC to get back the money.

You have not mentioned the section of IPC under which the accused are charged. Under Sec. 420 of IPC, the offence is compoundable one and the accused can pay you back the money and settle the case. You can file a petition under return of property under Section 451 of Cr PC to get back the money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More