What is the procedure to become a Notary Public

Hello Lawyers,

I would like to know the procedure to become a Notary Public.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks & Regards,

Adv. Sumit Phadnis

LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

I think this is the repeated querry

Advocate

yes repeated one

Advocate

Dear Adv.Sumit Phadnis,

For appointment as Notary, Please see Rule 3, 4, and rule 8 of the Notaries Rule 1956.

Faculty

Notaries Act 1952

The Central Government, for the whole or any part of India, and any such State Government, for the whole or any part of State, may appoint as notaries , any legal practitioners or other persons who possess such qualifications as may be prescribed 

Lawyer

You must have some political pool or you should be ready to "spend" besides the qualifications mentioned in the Act.

it might be possible, but i dont think it is always necessary.

Advocate

The  Notaries  are  under  the Stamps  and Registration Dept in AP .

You shold have necessary qualification ( 10  years practice )  to be appointed as Notary Public and as per the  demand of Loacal Area where you are praticing 

You may enquire  in your  Local District Registrar office - Stams and Registration Dpepartment 

lawyer

well, you can get the details in'Notaries Act,1952 and Notaries Rules,1956' which can be searched under head'Bare Acts' in google search engine.

Advocate

. Qualifications for appointment as a notary
No person shall be eligible for appointment as a notary unless on the date of the application for such appointment-
(a) a person had been practicing at least for ten years, or
(aa)a person belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes and other backward classes had been practicing at least for seven years, or
(ab) a woman who had been practicing at least for seven years, as a legal practitioner, or
(b) he had been a member of the Indian Legal Services under the
Central Government, or
(c) he had been at least for ten years,-
(i) a member of Judicial Service; or
(ii) held an office under the Central Government or a State Government requiring special knowledge of law after enrolment as an
advocate; or
(iii) held an office in the department of Judge Advocate General or in the legal department of the armed forces.)

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

web analytics