Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Kumar (Marketing Executive)     15 September 2014

What is the importance of place of court marriage from legal

Hi,

We are married couple and would like to do court marriage to procure

Marriage certificate. We are from same state but from different districts.

My husband would like to do court marriage from his native districts and I would like

to do court marriage from my native districts.

I would like to know what is the importance of place of court marriage from legal aspects ?? What is the difference if bride do court marriage from her native districts and if bridegrooms do court marriage from his native districts if both districts fall in same state, if in future any disputes occurs ?? Please guide me.

Learning

3 Replies

praveen kumar (LEGAL MANAGER)     15 September 2014

Rohit Kumar you have A husband !! (Don't Mind)

If you are married then why do you want court marriage. Simply go for Registration of marriage with marriage registrar.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 October 2014

not clear of the fact.  reply to above question.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     15 October 2014

No difference at all.  But my worry is that on such a small matter there is a difference between husband and wife, what lies for them in future?  Any how, the marriage (I suppose marriage under Special Marriage Act) can be registered in wife's district or husband's district.  If any dispute raises, the court case can lie - 1.  where the marriage was held 2.  where the parties last resided together 3.  where respondent is residing 4.  In the case of woman, if she is a petitioner, she can file it from the place where she is staying at the time of filing the petition.  So, I do not see any problem if the marriage is registered in any district.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register