LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maxx (pvt service)     04 March 2015

What happens if some point remains untouched in cross examin

in section 9 case, as a respondent, if i give a statement in my 'SAY' to her petition, which remains untouched in cross examination, then is it presumed to be 'accepted' by the court?

for example: if in my 'SAY' i state the "she came to my house, collected her belongings and went away to her home" which is contradictory to her stand in her section 9 case, where she states that she wants to live with me, and if my contention that 'she took away her belongings" remain untouched and unchallenged in my cross examination by her advocate, then is it implied by the court that my statement is correct or assumed to be correct in the eyes of the court, and stands accepted?

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Questions which are not touched during cross examination are understood as being accepted.

fighting back (exec)     05 March 2015

interesting query.....but as the author mentioned, he has mentioned this in his WRITTEN SAY in  response to her petition. since his lawyer has not 'touched' this aspect in his say, logically this should stand as accepted, rightly said by helping hand.................

fighting back (exec)     05 March 2015

interesting query.....but as the author mentioned, he has mentioned this in his WRITTEN SAY in  response to her petition. since his lawyer has not 'touched' this aspect in his say, logically this should stand as accepted, rightly said by helping hand.................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More