Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harshit Agrawal   05 September 2018

What are my option to settle a dispute against a landlord?

I had rented an office from 01-05-2018 for 25000 per month, but on the paper it is 5000 per month. We have deposited 25000 to the landlord as security money and promised to pay another 25000 security after 4 months. After 4 months we didn't had the money to pay the rent or pay the security so we asked the landlord that we are unable to continue paying rent so we have to leave the office, but landlord said you have to pay 11 months rent according to the papers. he bullied us to say on the office. then on some verbal agreement the landlord told us to give us another office that month for 7000 per month but as the days passed by we saw the 2nd office that he have said to give was not good. there was 15-20 electricity meters on that room so we decided to evict the current office on 24th of the month and left the office without saying anything to the owner. 2 days later we got a call from the owner saying you can't leave the office like this you have to pay rent. And now he is saying you have to come meet me and pay the remaining dues or we will file an FIR. I am scared here and don't know what should i do. He already have 12000 for that month and 25000 security deposit we don't want that money, we don't have any more money to pay the remaining rent of upcoming months. What should i do?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register