LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Andy   10 September 2019

Validity of a registered gift deed

My grandfather had a self-acquired property and had 3 legal heirs 2 sons and 1 daughter( my mother) respectively. 2 sons didn't look over my grandfather and used to create nuisance, so out of agony my grandfather transferred the property in the name of my grandmother via registered gift deed. Now my grandmother gifted the same property to my mother via a registered gift deed, now my question is: Is the said gift deed valid? Can the other 2 legal heirs challenge the gift deed? Should my mother take an injunction against the other 2 legal heirs? Thanks in advance.

Learning

6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     10 September 2019

The gift deed if registerd properly is valid transfer. SInce the property is not ancestral but owned and your grandfather has gifted to his wife and that became her property.

Now she gifts the same to her daughet is valid so where is the problem.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     10 September 2019

The gift deed if registerd properly is valid transfer. SInce the property is not ancestral but owned and your grandfather has gifted to his wife and that became her property.

1 Like

Andy   10 September 2019

Sir, the problem is the other 2 legal heirs are threatening my mother that they will file a partition suit as they also have a right on the property.

Andy   10 September 2019

Originally posted by : SOHAIL Sohail

Sir, I forgot to mention, my grandmother passed away recently. Now the other legal heirs are threatening my mother that the gift deed is not valid and will challenge it and file a partition suit. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     11 September 2019

They are just threatening  you  if the deed is properly registerd you never need to worry;IF the file the case even they won't get anything. Just stay strong you have a valid title.

Shashi Dhara   11 September 2019

Don't worry let they go to court. As the donor is dead it is not easy to challenge it only the person who's has made gift can challenge it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register