LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

reddyl   25 February 2018

Vakalatnama notary for high court / district court for NRI

is it a requisite that we need to get vakalatnama attested in the Indian Embassy if we are in USA... is it possible to get notarized just by my attorney in NY and get two other US citizens signature ? will this be accepted in all Courts both High Court and Disctrict courts in India ? has anyone done this earlier...

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     25 February 2018

Vakaltnamma signed by you and duly notarized in USA is acceptable in Indian Courts. I have got may such Vakaltnammas from my clients from USA and other countries, presented them in the various courts both district and High Courts in India.

reddyl   26 February 2018

thanks for the response...so do i need 1 attorney signature and two us citizens signature on this ? or how dows it work out ?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 February 2018

Signature and stamping of one notary public to attest the signature of the principal/client.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     26 February 2018

Attestation by the Indian Embassy is always advisable.  As far as the vakalatnama is concerned, the Court may refuse to accept it or take it on record in the abscence of the party.  Atleast the Family Court in Mumbai dosent accept. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register