Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyank (Manager)     13 October 2014

Use of mother's maiden name on child's passport

Hello

My name is Priyank Sharma and I am facing a challenge in getting a passport made for my son and need guidance.

My child was born in Pune and while admitting my wife in the hospital for delivery my father had given my surname as her surname; and hence the letter from the hospital gave her name as Anu Sharma. Based on this I got a birth certificate made for my son which reflects the same.

My wife wants to continue using her maiden name, all her documents including her passport reflects the same. When I got my passport reissued to have her added as a spouse I got her maiden name added to avoid any hassels. However now that we have applied for our son's passport we have been asked to get the mothers name changed on the birth certificate and after talking to a few people I have been told its a lengthy process

When I spoke to the hospital I was told I need to get a Court Order and take it to the Muncipal office only then will they make changes in the records.

Meanwhile I have got a transfer to USA and need to leave early in November and want to take my family with me, can you please advise what is the correct process to get the name changed on an urgent basis.

Thanks,

Priyank

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register