Unregistered partnership deed - query on partnership rights

My father was one of the partners in firm for past 50 years. Partnership deed was unregistered. He passed away in year 2016. Before he died he took voluntary retirement from the firm. In his place my younger brother was made partner in place of him. 

Now there are 4 partners. My mother asked for account details they didnt gave the complete details but only 1 year detail they gave. We strongly feel that our father was duped of crores of rupees in his entire partnership duration as he was simple man and the firm had partners from the family. So like in old days we resepect elders and do whatever they ask to do. So they took advantage of this and duped him huge money. 

Now we want to get the entire details of records to scrutiny all accounts. My mother has asked for firms books of accounts ,they are not giving saying she is not partner. 

What should we do. Pls guide.


Since partnership deed is not registered hence you shall be required to send notice to all the partners asking rendition of account and if the same is not provided the file the suit.


Thank you Sidharth Ji. So as a legal heir my mom can demand books of account from the firm , if they dont give then through court we can ask. Are they bound to give ? Can we get from income tax department as well? What else should my mom ask from them to know if there is financial fraud happen against my father. Thanks Sir.


please call me for your query at cell no 8686159292




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu