Unregistered association

Ours is a residents colony welfare association and byelaws are made but the association is not registered. For opening bank account, certified copy of byelaws is asked by the Bank. How and who would certify the byelaws.
Law Student

You will need to have the RWA registered as per the provisions of the Societies Registration Act, 1860. (Note, each state would be subject to its own amendments as given in the act.)

All you'll have to do is subscribe your name along with six or more people (intending society members) to a Memorandum of Association, and file it with the Registrar of Societies.

Total likes : 1 times


Thanks Ms.Raveena Kataria for your advice.  Though I told the Branch Head that certified copy could be submitted only after registration of

our Welfare Association, she insisted on submission of the same stating that even for unregistered Association, certified copy could be obtained.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu