LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santu (dy manager)     18 September 2017

Unauthorized leave , counter disciplinary action

I am PSU bank employee, need frequent leaves to take care of my family who stay in Kolkata, and I am recently posted in tamilnadu. My wife is state gov. Employee and pregnant, my mother is high pressure patient, father passed away few day before of my new postings. There is none any one reliable to take care of my family. I never take any sick leave, take limited casual leave, all 4.5 year service have 3 year service PL, including many non taken casual leave on my leave balance as UCL. Now if I take my balance leave for monthly doctors visit for my family, management can take disciplinary action in which way.? If they take any action for unauthorized leave which is my rights , due to emergency for my family, how can I counter this?

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 September 2017

First file application for request transfer and record the exigencies with such proofs and let it remain on record.  Always apply leave with bonafide grounds.   Avoid such scope for management.

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 September 2017

The facts posted suggests that htere are no reasons to refuse the leave, if applied. If the leave has been properly sanctioned ( or not refused, if applied well in advance) no misconduct is involved in proceedings to native place to take care of your family.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 September 2017

Agreeing with Mr. G.L.N.Prasad, Mr. P. Venu.

Inform leave properly as per applicable Leave Rules and submit leave application under proper acknowledgment, for approval.

Although you have posted that you have leave balance, in case of casual leave there might be guidelines to inform and submit leave application for approval.

The leave sanctioning authority might be available thru phone and email also.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 September 2017

In case you have issues apply for transfer under proper acknowledgment.

Apply your goodwill, rapport, repute with superiors for approval of leave and transfer.

Uninformed............ and hence Unauthorized leave might get treated as misconduct.

Relate with Leave Rules and Conduct and Discipline Rules of your establishment.

(Guest)

Vague posts by Mr. Kumar Doab. He hould at first read leave rules applicable to employees of Government/ PSU employees before making any post.

(Guest)

Mr. Santu,

Regarding your statement, "If they take any action for unauthorized leave which is my rights," it may be stated that "UNAUTHORISED" leave cannot be justified under conduct rules, may that have been availed for some genuine cause. Prior approval/ sanction of leave by the competent authority is quite necessary. About your "right" if you read leave rules properly, the very basic condition is "leave cannot be claimed as of right."

So, countering the charge won't justified, but getting the absence regularised by humble request to convince the competent authority about your dire need would solve your problem. Countering the charge to insist on your undue "right" may only lead to penalty for the charge.

(Guest)

I agree with the views of Mr. P Venu and Mr. Dhingra.

Natasha Crowley   31 December 2019

Disciplinary actions are the actions that are taken to make the good quality stuff in the long and short terms seven of happiness. Now the mode is about the unauthorized situation at essay writing services for cheap with the number of pages in services with the write-up.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register