LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vitthal paliwal (business)     07 November 2014

Unauthorised occupation of govt quarters

I am PSU employee. I have been alloted quarter & been residing with my family since 10years. In due course my relations with wife got bitter & i started living seperately, leaving my family in govt quarters as my kids were going in nearby school & to defend myself from further allegations against me. I intimated my company also & lodged a Divorce pettion in court. Subsequently i received a notice & subsequent order from company to vacate the quarter. The reasons cited were that behaviour of wife is objectionable & antisocial. Sir i am still in employment & regular & honestly doing my duties so how can they name me as unauthorised occupant. After serving the order in subsequent 15 days they again issued a letter stating recovery of damage control rent which is 50times the normal fees ie around 25000rs/month.

Though i accepted & agreed to shift my family but since my relations are disputed, my wife not listening to me & says that unless company proves allegations against her she will not vacate the quarter. Now i am in dilemma, how to stop this huge recovery.

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 November 2014

Dear, Send them a reply stating that since you are ready to vacate the house, but these false allegations are not any solution and they should render an apology. Adv kapil chandna, 9899011450

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 November 2014

You will  have to vacate the quarter if you are not entitled otherwise, submit reply to notice no ne can evict.

No proceedings (for eviction/levy of market rent ) will sustain on the complaint/ application of your estranged wife. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 November 2014

You have to give a reply to the notice served on you.  If you have shifted your house then the occupant is illegally occupying it.  Sine you have already filed a divorce case, you may give in your reply that you are no more concerned with the occupant and that the authority can decide about evicting her from the quarters in which you are not staying anymore.   Let your wife face the legal consequences.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register