Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   02 July 2017

Unapproved layout without sub division of survey number

Hi,

i own property with survey # 200/6 ( see the attachement) which is sub divided from parent survey # 200. Survey # 200 is an unapproved layout ( Non Agriculture converted) and it did not get CC from local corporation and will also not get CC as current cross road measurement is 25 feet and per CC rules it needs to be 30 feet roads it seems.

Land Owner has sold seperate plots in survey # 200 to around 15 person with land dimension as per unapproved plan. These properties are getting registered in local corporation with plot numbers as per the unapproved plans.

Two  houses are already constructed in cross road 1 with Survey # 200/4 and 200/5 with corporation approval. Intially plan will get rejected by corporation and later it will be referred to a special committe who will get it approved it seems

My previous owner who sold the property to me has put stones wrongly encroaching the main road for about 2 feet. I have called the corporation commisioner with local corporator to clarify the road dimension and found out that my stones are wrongly placed. 

Corporation guys have instructed that our layout starts after the road and we should not be doing any construction encroaching the road.

Problem starts here , i have informed the owner behind me ( who is part of common survey # 200 with 15 other co-owners) to come when i have called the corporation people, he did not visit. i have informed him that layout starts after the road boundary and i must move 2 feet behind.

i have started my construction with pillars already inserted by marking my dimension as per survey sketch from the main road and also got the corporation approval also last week. He approached court and got a stay with contention saying that i have encroached 2 feet of his land. He just produced unapproved layout plan with combined Uttara of 15 people

I have Site Map / PT sheet clearly showing my property with dimension and approach road as main Road. i also have seperate Uttara. My sale deed mentions that i have survey # 200 at the back with 15 odd owners and i dont even know who is the correct neighbour. 

I have visited survey department to survey my property with # 200 / 6 and they said survey of unapproved layouts will take more than 18 months to clarify the encroachment. They have also said that Survey # 200 cannot be surveyed as there are 15 owners including the cross roads ( which is undivided).

I have approached a laywer and soon will be preparing for the argument.

Ask to the Experts here  : How to Vacate the stay and move on with my construction ( i have already got the building permission)

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

This problem of sub dividing plot illegally and trying to solve it legally is indeed complex issue. 
Since Land is state subject it will be better you put your state name so anyone from your state who has studied your state law can guide you.  If you are not from my state and I have not studied your state land laws then passing comment will be like talking some thing vague like general knowledge and series of error. 

Generally peson should not purchase land /plot whose survey no. is not independent because it cause lot problem from FSI , ownership , and various factors. Registration deed  anyone can do but ownership becomes issue 

Rahul   05 July 2017

Hi Madhu,

Land is in Karnataka state.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More