Unable to sell flat due to rera

Dear Sir, Sub-Builder did not take OC. Post RERA I am unable to sell flat in Bihar I had a plot of land at Bhagalpur, Bihar. We are sort of absentee landlord. We gave the plot to a developer for constructing flats on it in 2011. In 2014 flats were ready. In 2018, we tried to sell flats. To our shock we found following: - In 2016-RERA came in place in Bihar, it mandated that any building which has not got Completion Certificate (CC), shall be treated as incomplete and will come under RERA. Builder has not taken CC (or OC, as we call it in Maharashtra). In facts for decades builders have not taken OC in Bihar. They said even after applying, local body were not issuing OC since Lalu Yadav days. Earlier builders would at least apply for OC to be on the safe side. But ultimately builders stopped applying even. So my builder too did not even apply for RERA. After RERA, almost all builders and 100s of flats are blocked in Bihar now. RERA has mandated that no flat without OC can be sold/registered. Builder must register with RERA. Banks have stopped to advance housing loan too as registration has stopped. I am therefore unable to sell my flats. Builder had sold out his portion between 2014-16. My builder has stopped taking calls. This is for him to get it registered with RERA. I understand that even if I desire, I cannot register flats with RERA. Only builder can do it. But builder is not taking call. He has runaway and no longer available in Bhagalpur. I worked in Central PSU and have been transferred all over India. I am now retired and settled in Navi Mumbai, surviving on pension. Since we were far away from Bhagalpur, we were caught unaware. Could you please tell me what to do? I am sure, similar cases would have stuck in other states also during the transition phase. What is the way out? I am at a dead end.Please help senior citizen. Regards, Sadan Kumar Sinha, 9619059893, 901, Shanti Enclave, Plot No 30, Sector 11, Koparkhairane 400709, Navi Mumbai



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu