Unable to attend court hearing at the last stage of the case

Hi All,

I had filed Restoration of Conjugal RIghts (RCR) and my wife had filed Divorce in 2014. Court has merged both the cases. I wanted my family back as I have a son and his entire future. All the evidence and witness are completed. Now Judge have a view to grant the divorce. Thats why Judge is asking me to present in the court. As I want my family back, I am trying to do some settelement with my wife and request my wife to withdrawl her divorce case. With few seniors, as mediators, all we agree the following:

"I will pay 10 Lakhs to my wife, then my wife will withdrawl her case and then she will come back and then I will pay 10 lakhs to her". I know it sounds supid, but I have no option at all.

However, I am now left India and got job in abroad. I have some passport update work pending, hence I could not travel to India immidiately. I gave 10 Cheques to the mediators and they are en-cashing one by one. I have the phone number of my wife and talked to her only once. 

I want or expect if Court can accept my wife's case withdrawl request without my presence as I cannot travel to India now. I am worry if I donot attend the court, will there any police case or look out notice or Passport Blocking etc ??  Or can Judge grant divorce as I have completed all my evidences and witnesses already? Please advise what can be done? 






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu