Trespass & possession

12 years ago a family constructed a house in inside our property boundarie . which is 60 percent in our area and 40 percent of construction in our neighbours area (from which they have agreement).

now after so many years these family is extending their construction by building extra rooms.
now what legal rights i have to stop them from doing so . pls answer thanks.


You can file an injection suit.

You can also complain to municipal deparetment .


Were you sleeping for 12 years? Now relax because your neighbor has 'adversely possessed' your land. You cannot evict him even if you file a civil case against him if he proves his possession for the last complete 12 years.

U file suit against him of illegal construction and also eviction suit claiming that building is urs and they r in illegal occupation without rent.if u once step to court automatically it take yrs to finish. He will come to compromise or fight in court. Don't bow for injustice .

hmm ... okkk and is there any thing i can do to atop without going to court. can police help in this matter¿

Even if in your view the other family has committed a crime by occupying your land partially, but that imaginary crime they have committed 12 years before, so how the police will decide the section of the crime to help you in getting them convicted by the court which turned out to be 'adverse possession' permissible in law?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu