LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditya rao (x)     27 April 2016

Transfer of property

My brother bought a property in Bombay while he was in India. However, in 6 months he had to leave for abroad on some project. I (an NRI) purchased this property from him and paid all the neccessaryu dues. It has been 6 years since then and the property is still in the name of my brother. We are both NRI,s now and live outside India in different countries. We dont happen to visit India together. Can someone guide as to how can the property be trasferred? Is there any document which we both can sigh and get it attested by the Indian embassy in our respective residential countries. Appreciate your response. 

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 April 2016

If it is sale by your brother to you then sale deed is to be registered.

Both of you should appear before registering authority. The registration is state subject and state have their rules.

The local lawyer can guide.

Or

The seller can grant POA and buyer's representative can also appear to register.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     27 April 2016

Sir, 

It's advicable to come to Mumbai and get the property registered in your name. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

JustAdvisor (IT)     27 April 2016

technically it can be done through power of attorney from both sides. but in long term interests of your progeny i agree with learned experts that it is better to register it in person between both of you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register