Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay kumar Gupta (AE)     24 April 2015

Transfer of land property

Dear Experts,

My grandfather has purchased a residential land in 1992. Same is registered in his name. He was died in 2002. After his death, this land was came in the share of my father during partition. The partition was done with the mutual consent of all the brothers and sisters of my father. Still, the mutation of this land is in the name of my late grandfather. Also, my grandmother is no more and my grandfather has 3 sons and 2 daughters. 

You are requested to please guide my how the mutation of this property will be transferred in the the name of my father. Whether it is necessary to register by paying the charges of stamp duty and registration fee or there is some other way out?

Thanks in advance

Learning

6 Replies

bsrao   24 April 2015

Partition deed (registered or not) is sufficient to get the property mutated in favour of your father. No need of any further registrations. 

Hope this helps.

B S Rao

saravanan s (legal advisor)     24 April 2015

you can mutate the share of your grandfather property on your fathers name in the subregistrar office where the concerned property is located

Vinay kumar Gupta (AE)     25 April 2015

Dear BS Rao sir,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. Please guide, how to proceed further by using partition deed to get the property mutated in name of my father.

Thanks in advance.

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     25 April 2015

Partition deed ought to have been registered. You can do the following to mutate it in your name.

Now you bring on record the legal heirs of your grand father (i.e. let the mutation be done in their names). Make a release deed in your favour from them and register it, you may not have to pay stamp duty (as is the case in maharashtra).

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     25 April 2015

pls read your father's name instead of your name

Vinay kumar Gupta (AE)     27 April 2015

Dear Sir,

Bringing on record the legal heirs of my grand father (i.e. doing mutation in their names) is under process and is expected to be complete in 1 month. After mutation, we were about to register by paying stamp duty (as guided by our local lawyer). But now you have shown a way through which we can save the charges to be paid against the stamp duty.

Sir, this is the case of Distt: Ballia, UP. Please guide how to move ahead. please clarify what is release deed and how it will be made in name of my father?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register