Trademark Agent

Hi Friends,

I am a law graduate and want to become a registered "Trademark Agent".

I guess I don't need to take "Trademark Agent Exam" because I am a law graduate.

Can Somebody tell me the procedure of registering myself as a Trademark Agent?

Dear Rohit

I believe you have to file the necessary form with the requisite fee and become and agent. You dont really need to require to give exam for becomeing an agent.  This is what i got to know from the TM offie while enquiry on the same subject.  The details on  the form you can get from the latest trade mark rules, 2000.

regards

advocate asgarali attarwala

Total likes : 1 times

INCHARGE IPR DEPARTMENT & HR DEPARTMENT: CS (Executive) student

Dear Rohit,

Legal practitioners are recognised as agents by trade marks act.  However you need to send your details with prescribed fee to the trade marks registry to register your name and represent before the registry as trade marks agent.

Total likes : 1 times

Thanks a lot, SIr & Madam!!!!!!

But there are still some confusion.

Is there any specific format/ form is prescribed? If yes, Is this form available online?

If I want to register myself as a Trademark Agent in Chennai & Mumbai, then what is the prescribed fees?

Regards, Rohit Shrivastava

partner/solicitor M/s. Hindu associates

from your message it is clear you are an advocate, under trademark act either a pleader or a trademark agent can move for registration. There is no need to get any seperate licence or registration for practising as trade mark agent. presently TMO are issuing photo identity card, better you may approach the TM registery of your zone to get  photo identity card

Dear Rohit,

From the Trade Mark Rules, 2000 it is Form TMA-1 that you need to file with the Registrar of Trade Mark along with a certificate from the District Magistrate of the District where the applicant ordinarily resides. and other documents required should be attested by a Judicial Magistrate or Notary Public and State the name of the place of the appropriates office of the Trade Marks Registry.  The fee what is prescribed in the book is Rs. 1000/-. 

For my knowledge when is that they have started issuing idendity card and is there any fixed date and time within which we have to apply.

Regards

Advocate Asgarali Attarwala

you don't need to get register seprately. An advocate can appear before any court or tribunal.

Techno-Legal professional

Originally posted by :Asgarali Attarwala
" Dear Rohit,
From the Trade Mark Rules, 2000 it is Form TMA-1 that you need to file with the Registrar of Trade Mark along with a certificate from the District Magistrate of the District where the applicant ordinarily resides. and other documents required should be attested by a Judicial Magistrate or Notary Public and State the name of the place of the appropriates office of the Trade Marks Registry.  The fee what is prescribed in the book is Rs. 1000/-. 
For my knowledge when is that they have started issuing idendity card and is there any fixed date and time within which we have to apply.
Regards
Advocate Asgarali Attarwala

"

Techno-Legal professional

Pls ignore the the posting just previous to this, as tghere seem to be some portal error.

My question is are there any ref books available for preparing for Trademark Agent exam

i am a law graduate and i reside at aurangabad maharashtra. is there any future (work) to a trademark and patent agent in aurangabad? if yes, can you guide me how? is there any person practicing the same from aurangabad?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu