Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nagaraja (superintendent )     21 June 2011

Time limit for claim of property

Sir,

Government after acquiring land from different parties gave it to a Housing Society for formation of sites and distribution to its members. I am one of the members of the society and got a site thro' society. The acquisition of land was in 1986 and the sites allotted during 1996.  Now one the  losers of the land claims that extra land was taken by the Society and he wants to  re conduct survey and claim back the land allotted to the society. Now society has no land left and it had allotted all the land after formation of sites. Buildings  have also come up. Mine is the vacant site measuring 30 feet X 75 feet and he wants to grab half of my site by conducting re-survey.

Please clarify the following issues:

a) Whether the land loser has no limitation of time under the property law? If so what is the time limit. Is it 12years or 30 years. b) What measures site allottees can take against such claims in the course of time as society is not coming into picture now. c) what is legal remedy and is it a long process?  This has happened at metro city like Bangalore

Kindly give opinion

Yours faithfully,

nagaraja, Superintendent of Customs, Excise and Service Tax, Bangalore.

Phone No.  080 23211337, 08028604755, 9449040230

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register