Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     07 December 2009

This client can make a lawyer win the case !

A defendant in a lawsuit involving large sums of money was talking to his lawyer. "If I lose this case, I'll be ruined!"

"It's in the judge's hands now," said the lawyer.

"Would it help if I sent the judge a box of cigars?"

"No! The judge is a stickler on ethical behavior. A stunt like that would prejudice him against you. He might even hold you in contempt of court."

Within the course of time, the judge rendered a decision in favor of the defendant. As the defendant left the courthouse, he said to his lawyer, "Thanks for the tip about the cigars. It really worked!"

Confidently the lawyer responded, "I'm sure we would have lost the case if you'd sent them."

"But I did send them.", replied the man.

"What?" shouted the lawyer.

"I sure did, that's how we won the case... good thing I remembered to enclose the plaintiff's business card."

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 December 2009

Is it real? if it i real then pity about the plaintif.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     07 December 2009

Mr. Rajeev its just a fictious joke - take it easy.:)

Daksh (Student)     27 February 2010

Through the center of Lahore there's the new Indo-Pak train speeding along (Samjhuata Express or whatever - which goes between India and Pak).In one compartment of the train there are four people.
A beautiful vivacious young woman, an old matronly woman, a Pakistani soldier, and our own Santa Singh.Suddenly the train goes through a tunnel.It is completely dark. Then is heard a loud kiss and an equally powerful slap.When the train exits the tunnel, the Pakistani soldier is holding the side of his face, and Santa Singh is grinning his face off.The old matronly woman thinks : "Now that's a fine young woman, the Pakistani soldier tries to steal a kiss in the tunnel and the lady slaps him one!"
The young woman is thinking : "Now that's a strange Pakistani soldier, he'd rather kiss that old hag than me."The Pakistani soldier is thinking : "Now that's a smart Indian, he steals the kiss and I get slapped."And Santa Singh is thinking : "Gee I'm smart! We go through the tunnel; I kiss my hand and get away with slapping a Pakistani soldier."

Daksh

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     28 February 2010

perfect joke         daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register