LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

For My Enquiry   02 September 2015

The agriculture land entitlement

I am handling the fight for the legally eligible land of my mother and her siblings.

Her grandfather had nearly 1000 acres of agricultural land in a village in Telangana. He was called something called "Watandaar"

Post the demise of her elder brother, nobody has kept tabs on the land matters and collectively 7 siblings(including the demised brother's family) is trying to legally approach the posession and division of this land.

The fact is there is some evidences that they carry about the property and upon consulting a civil lawyer we have been told to get the papers from year 1954 about the possession of the land by my mother's grandfather. The word that was used is to get the pahanis.

The question I have is, assuming we are able to dig out all the records of the land(nearly 1000 acres) and be able to pursue the fight for it....how many acres of land do my mother and her brothers and sisters get to keep?

Is there any upper limit on the agricultural land that individuals can keep?

How do we approach this posessions and retaining case and address division of property amongst ourselves. It would be nice if someone qualified on this forum is able to tell what the current agricultural land laws are at the state of Telangana.

I look forward to hear from the experts on this forum.

Thanks,

ForMyEnquiry

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 September 2015

after seeing the documents only can advise you. my no.9989324294. ramachary64@gmail.com

For My Enquiry   02 September 2015

We are in the process of procuring all the documents from 1954.

But the questions is a general question. 

Let me put the question in another way.

Is there any land ceiling on the possession and holding of agricultural land in the state of telangana in the year 2015? If Yes, what is the section and area of civil law applicable to this cieling.

Is it there any upper cap on the land that one can hold and rest to be given to government or something?

We want to know the legal aspect of this scenario and proceed in an appropriate way.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 September 2015

The land ceiling which came into effect in June 1961 allowed a family to retain 180 to 360 acres wet land or 1080 to 2160 acres of dry land. It provided nothing about the large-scale benami transactions that had taken place prior to June 1961. High levels of ceiling exemptions were allowed in the case of plantations, orchards, specialized farms, sugarcane farms, religious and charitable trusts etc. Latest G.O's must follow by both Telugu governments day to day. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register