LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dangu OP   11 October 2017

Termination after Confirmation of Govt Bank employee

I am a confirmed employee in a Govt bank.I work as an Assitant manager.I want to know that if it is possible to terminate me for bad performance

Learning

5 Replies

Dangu OP   11 October 2017

I am just worried about my carrer because my boss often threatend me to terminate from service.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 October 2017

All Public sector banks have a laid down discipllinary procedure since inception Industry wise, and it is not possible to terminate any one without giving opportunity of hearing and following principles of natural justice.   Even in case of serious frauds, they may suspend the employee at the most, issue charge sheet, conduct inquiry, and then only take appropriate action.  Even after all this still there is appeal procedure and then one can approach court in case of injustice.  May be all your fears are unfounded.  First develop skills and focus on good performance.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 October 2017

It appears that you have not disclosed the complete facts. There appears to be deeper issues.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 October 2017

The performance is a parameter for intiating such action.

Download your performance data/record, appraisal matrix, forms..........

The appraisal forms may have cloumns of conduct, qualitative parameters, where bosses play their say.

Remain alert.

Record the threats.

1 Like

Dangu OP   23 November 2017

I got overall 80% marks in annual Performance appraisal except my behaviour. LAST year i got overall 75%.Is it good.If yes then why my boss often threaten me to terminate from service

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register