Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitish Bharti (Owner)     24 April 2011

Temple Property Dispute

Dear Members,

I would like to seek advice on the following issue. I live in a small town in India. Our house is a Temple plus house i.e. the temple is at the center and house is built around it. The temple was build by our ancestors close to 300 years ago. However, we do not have records that far back in time. Our family has been living in the house for the last 100 years and serving as priests. Some 40 years ago, 10 acre land was bought by the money donated to our temple by public. The land is in the name of statues of Gods residing in the temple. The God is the legal owner of the land. Since our ancestors were not worldly-wise, the person who helped purchase the land got himself listed as the “Mohtmim” the care-take, the “Vyasthapak” of the land. He is dead now, and we would like to get the “Mohatmim” transferred in our name. This person’s family is illegally occupying the land for the last five years. Since it is our personal house and temple, we don’t have temple trust or any such thing. I would like to know our legal options in this matter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Nitish

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More