Taxes on freelance income through us sites

Hello there,


  I am new to this foruma and had a query on taxes. Hope someone will help. 


I am an Indian citizen living in New Delhi and earning as a freelancer from a US website. I have signed the W-8ben form of US Tax dept through the website. When I get payment, do I have to pay additional income tax in India also? Also, does anyone know the lower limit of W-8ben below which there are no deductions?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind Gupta





Retired employee.

Contact a local Chartered Accountant or file RTI Application to ITO seeking authentic information from them.


U know whether America comes under double tax exemption state.or not .

Sir, I am not able to understand your point. Pls. elaborate on it.

Thanks fro your reply.

Arvind Gupta


Yes, a charterred accountant is the best person to guide you.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu