LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tinu_wizind (abc)     26 November 2014

Suicide threat by wife

Hi, My marriage is 5yrs old with no kids. Marriage has completely collapsed with no love or trust between me and my wife. Even after councelling things didn't go well. I talked with my wife to end this marriage but she does not want divorce. She also threatens to harm herself if i stop living with her which is basic requirement of physical seperation. Unable to convince her. In-laws also not cooperating in this matter and supporting daughter.

Can i file petition while staying with her coz of her threatening to harm herself. Once notice is served from court, can that act as  protection to me if wife harms herself? Please advise.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     26 November 2014

If your estrangement with your wife is due to not having children, then you are wrong.  Your post does not indicate any clue that why there are tiffs between both of you. At present, there is no divorce on the ground of tempermental differences or irritrivable breakdown of marriage.  The law is in offing and you may wait for that as the bill is in Lok Sabha and some people are saying that it will soon become law.  Otherwise, you can file divorce case on the ground of cruelty and try to prove your allegations.  This case may give you paper-thin protection if she commits suicide, but does not protect to dissuade her to commit suicide, if she decides so.

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     26 November 2014

This SUICIDE matter is a very very delicate topic.-----

One has to tread very carefully even in suggesting an option and way ----

The very first thing I would suggest is that you try to bring LIFE back into the MARRIAGE.--- where there is a will, there is a way.--- Taking her for an outing, Gifts, etc etc etc there are many methods to make Love Bloom.---- Do not laugh or mock --- It is LIFE and she is your WIFE --- So, tread carefully -----

Husband and Wife relationship is not a joke ---- Divorces might happen, but that is still not even TEN percent of the population opting for separation and/ or divorce.----

Technically,

To have the counsellor's report is one safety measure -----

Second thing is to identify the suicide helpline authority and further to their counselling, get a report from them -----

Third thing is to file a complaint at the local police station that you are being threatened since a threat to commit suicide is also criminal intimidation and the IPC in India has a few sections dedicated to intimidations.----

When you complete the third activity, in all probabilities, your wife and her parents will release their EGO as a BEAST and go all out to TRAP you within their MIND.

So, you have to be ready  with money, details of advocates, anticipatory bail details and a MIND-SET to fight it out for a few years in the courts.

But it might not happen too....So, quickly the fourth activity is to involve some community seniors and relatives to counsel.----

Now, once you have ample evidence to show that you have taken all steps to keep the marriage alive and relatives and counsellors too have played their part and yet the marriage has reached a breaking point, irretrievable, then, the ground for divorce is set ----

Since she is unwilling to divorce you, Mutual Consent Divorce seems to be ruled out..----

Regular Divorce would go on for years --- So much of mental strain, financial strain, imbalance in life, time, money and energy ---- THINK ABOUT IT ---

WHATEVER YOU DO, THINK OF YOUR FUTURE-----

Karthikeyan (Manager)     26 November 2014

Hi deepu, As above seniors said... this is very crucial and you should handle very carefully. Please talk to me in private message with you contact nos, really if u need a help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register