LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

as   22 May 2017

Sudden failure of digital electrical service meter showing abnoraml reading

I am residing at Visakhapatnam Andhrapradesh. In 2002 a electrical service meter was installed upto March 2017 it worked well but in April 2017 it shown abnormal reading 758 units billing Rs 4785 recovered through net banking. on complaint a new meter was fixed on 19.4.2017 and the new meter shown 111 units only for Rs.684. I attended the meter testing substation of the electricity board for witnessing the meter testing. They took some written declaration to obey their rules. The meter was tested and they say meter running ok. My point is if the meter did not run speed showing abnormal reading of 758 units for Rs.4785 for one month which is false reading, then the fixed new meter should also show the same reading in May.2017, so I want to challenge the matter in consumers forum, I like to know my argument will stand in the forum or not because they are telling the meter is ok. and I have not consumed the 758 units in one month, please advise me the grounds to protect my case. After meter testing they thrown the meter in the dust bin along with other meters under the test bench. will the court believe their argument that the meter is ok. I have previous meter reading bills as proof shown my normal consumtion.. please advise

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register