Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KMohan   27 November 2015

Staying securely from in-laws

Dear All,

I got married in 2007; 2 daughters. I am a private employee.

My issue is after lots of ups and down, I am living with my wife and my 2 children happily.  In-laws ill treated me and so, I decided not to allow any one from my wife's side to come to my house or I will go there, but I allowed my wife (along with my children) to go their parents house.  I took this decision as they have ill treated and are very dominative of nature and they have very narrow and destructive nature of behavior and hence my avoidance from them.  A lot has happened and they proved to be arrogant, very dominant and there presence is always a hindrance to my life style and my earning. Hence I took this decision.  However, I do not want to meet them or talk to them or allowing them to come to my place........can I go to police station to book case against them or can take any legal step towards like this harransing and hindrance causing in-laws.  My wife and myself are very much happy along with my 2 children. What can be done in this regard....please help me.

There reason for not giving me respect is my relatives are not helpful to me and and even they do not like their dominative and arrogant behavior so they too do not want to meddle with them and my father stays away from me and hence, there is no surrpor for me and they are taking this as advantage and want to take charge of my life and bring me down to their level. They are low class people.

Mohan

Learning

6 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     27 November 2015

Suit of permanent injunction is the way to not to allow them to interfere with peaceful possession. Nitish Banka 9891549997

KMohan   28 November 2015

Thank you very much for the reply.

For getting permanent injunction...what evidence needs to be put in...and please let me in india if anything like this happened in family life...like not allowing in-laws by permanent injunction order.

Thank you,

Mohan

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 November 2015

Supporting the suggestion of Adv Nitish,I condemn the replies given by Mr Banta as irresponsible to a querist who is a victim here.Hence whenever some is replying to a querist it should be remembered that we have to add value to our suggestion and reply.

KMohan   28 November 2015

Dear All,

I agree with each and everyone. My very concern is I have 2 children. Elders finally interfered and my near relatives acting as my guardian and my in-laws are very much under control not visiting my house and not interfering. I am letting my wife go to their parents place and I am really successful to some part to explain the situations to my wife and make her turn to my side.

But, they humiliated and ill treated me so much that I cannot forget my life time and as my children are growing now, I do not want to face any problems. So, now I am looking for a permanent situation to keep my in-laws in trouble. I just ignored many times what they have done to me as per my elders words, I was very humble and amicable towards maintiaing very good relattionship with them, but they are of very dominative, superstitious and want me completely turn myself my to their life style for which I do not know what they will get.

For what they have done, I can explain but to legally approach, what evidence that I have to collect to prove to the court of law. I want to be fully get secured in this regard so that my family (my wife, children and myself) not get disturbed.

I do not want to involve my in-laws into any functions or parties, etc as well. My wife in the begining caused many problems, but she learnt many things as years passed by and she is now fine with me.

But, I want my in-laws to completey restrict from interfering with my life. This is what i want.

Thanks

Mohan

Ritwik (IT)     28 November 2015

Dear Queriest, I have been suffering due to matrimonial discord since the very begining of my marriage. You said that your wife has understood your point and she is with you. What takes a marital life to be successful? that your wife is with you (both physically and mentally). Your children are with you too. Moreover your in-laws are also not coming to your place. You are winning. In this scenario, I believe "let go" is the best thing to do as far as your in-laws are concerned. Just forget them, and if possible, forgive them too. By saying that I never say to go and start rubbing your shoulder with your in-laws again. Keep distance with them as you are doing. I think, if you take legal action against them by filing Injuction to bar your in-laws from visiting your place, that may resume complications in your marital life. If they do something indecent next time, don't cower and take stern measures though. But till then, live your life to the fullest with your wife and children. As far as my understanding goes, your in-laws will never disturb you if they got that their daughter is with you.

KMohan   30 November 2015

Dear All,

First of all, I thank you the response. I totally agree with you Ritwik sir.

One thing for clarity purpose, I want to say is, I have given them ample chances to maintain friendly environment with them, but they took chances of my financial weakness and interfered with my life and with the involvment of my elders, I made them not to interfere and meddle with my life.

But, as per my elders instructions and opinion and even my wife is happy to see her parents now and then, I am let her going along with my children to their parents house, but the thing as they have grudge on me (as per their behavior and life style is this conclusion), my fear is will they do any harm to my children? now or in future. In this type of situation, what steps can I further take. I am trying best to not send my children, but my wife is willing to do this sometimes and I also warned her to take full responsibility of my children when she is with her parentse even though everything going good now; my only fear is about my children.

Forgiving in-laws, this I have done before; but they do not change. They are ill-educated and live in a slum like place, which I should not to say like that, but there involvement creates irritation and disturbance as they keep on coming to my house on a daily basis and that is also not a problem for me, but they involve in the very professional life of me asking to vigorously commute (i am not against to this, but too much is too bad) to their and my house, this is a vey much a big disturbance and hindering the growth in my career and my children's studies as well. In a well educated family, even though they socially drink, that would not be a problem, but here in my in-laws case, when they are drunk, there are no words to tell about them. They do not bother whether I talk to them or not, they take a step to involve into my personal life as well.

For this matter, can I approach police station and will the above things suffice or okay to tell on the complaint againat my in-laws or will this be inappropriate and will it place me in any other issues further.

Thanks

Mohan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register