Stay order


One of my relative is building a house on the land which belongs to me also. 

1) How to get a stay order on it?

2) How many days it will take to get a stay order?

3) After receiving stay order also if the person not stopped the construction what should I do next?

please answer at the earliest. Thanks in advance



Advocate/Legal Consultant (

1. File a suit for injunction alongwith an application u/o 39 R 1 & 2 for temporary ad interim ex parte injunction, this would get you stay on the first date itself if you can show a good case on the face of it, and balance of convinience lies in your favour, this would be an interim measure and the case would be decided finally. 

2. The other party would then have the option to vacate the aobve order.

3. If the person violates the stay order - he'll be liable for contempt of court - O.39 R2A of the CPC & S.12 Contempt of Courts Act. 


Mr Bharat


I have one query.

My friend is studying in Punjabi University, Chandigarh.

The college is charging much more fee than declared in prospectus and not giving any reason for the same.

I advised him to file an RTI with the University, which is under process. Now the college office is threatening them that they will not give admit cards and roll numbers to those who have not deposited the extra fee before 23rd Nov 2012.

As the matter is suspicious and a corruption of large scale can be underway in college, and also we are awaiting RTI Reply with details which is expected to come in 2-3 weeks. So suggest me if we can get a stay order from High Court to restrain college from barring students from giving exams till the matter sorted out.

Early reply needed.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu