Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar   16 April 2016

Standard chartered bankcredit card recoery agents harassment

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much to have platform like this, this be big help for common people.

Since 1 month we are getting calls from Collection agency to pay pending amount from Standard Chartered Bank. They are are all making call to all relative, to offices where they will work. Talk with them on the issue where they are totally unaware of the issue.

I'm Santhi Kumar, working in IT world since 1999, In mean time I took credit cards from diferent banks like ICICI, HDFC, HSBC, ABN Amro, Standard Chartered Bank( This was my first credit card holding since 1999-2000 from VISA).

I got onsite opportunity and left India 2011, even after coming onsite, I cleared all my personal laons from SCB. I called HDFC, ICICI Bank to close my credit cards. I still kept SCB even after clearing loans. In 2013 SCB included annual fee in monthly statement then I called and reqested to waive off the annual fee, agent told its not possible to waive off as banks ruled out the option for agents. SO I told them, please cancel my card.

I didn't remember exact date when I applied another card from SCB -MasterCard, it got approved and credit limit was showing as Rs10,000) on the same day I called SCB customer care and equired how will you issue card with credit limit Rs10,000 where I have all other cards holding more that Rs 1,00,000 then agent answered in reckless, this was bank policy and issue the same, Its your wish take it or not, Immediately I told him, please cancel the card it's not necessary as I have other cards having limit more than Rs1,00,000 and also Informed SCB has given me around Rs1,00,000 as credit limit and personal loan also. He cancelled my card and updated in system.

Now they are calling the SCB-MasterCard to pay the amount Rs80,000 (Including interest), I sent similar mail to Collection Agency, I didn't use this card and it got cancelled immediately. How will ask me to pay the pending amount.

Now question is this entire matter didn't know any one, these guys are calling to every in my Airtel phone history and enquiring about. some time they are saying we know every thing about you all people, all this list came from RBI, CIBIL it will be very serious and complicated. they are calling at any time to home , Officies, asking them to pay money behalf of me.

Please Advise me how to approach and handle this situation. I may not be able to go India till this year end. They are torturing and harrassing all my relatives & friends.

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Santhi kumar

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 April 2016

First issue a legal notice to SCB demanding for such statement of account with copies of charge slips, wait for a month and then escalate it to both Banking Ombudsman and District Consumer Forum.  (No need to educate the member as to how the conversation can be recorded for production at appropriate time to establish harassment and leakage of information)

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 April 2016

Record all calls.

During each call mention that why are they calling others while they are calling the card holder?

Lodge police complaint.

In future instaed of making phone calls write letter under proper acknowledgment thru local BM.Ask how did they obtain the phone number of others they have been calling and from whom?

Lodge complaint with RBI as well.

You can download the details from many threads e.g.:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.VxKJPtQrLIU

Thereafter proceed to DCDRF under expert advise of an able counsel specialzing in consumer matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More