Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sushma hatle (Article Assistant)     16 July 2014

Stamp duty & registration query

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have purchased house in the year 2011 and I have the Resale Agreement. I have paid the stamp Duty and other legal charges related to the purchase. However , I was a second purchaser of the property, the person from whom I have purchased the house have not given me the original agreement i.e. First Agreement he have received from the builder in year 1989. Later on we inquired for the same and we came to know the same is been lying at Registration Office. I Went to get my agreement and the officers working there have notified me that the stamp duty for the same is not paid. So I need to know whether can an individual can register a property without paying stamp duty ? and If so I am Ready to pay the stamp duty along with the penalties and interest.

I honestly need the information as I want to get that agreement.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sushma Hatle

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 July 2014

browse this website and find out the amount yourself. www.dhfl.com/stamp-duty-calculator

Arun Kumar (Legal Consultant Property due delligence)     16 July 2014

It is not possible to register any sale deed with stamps & registration department without the presenter paying the required stamp duty and registration fee. Hence, there is some mis communication from your enquiry. you can apply for a certificed copy of the originial sale deed and keep it for your records.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register